Sunday, August 28, 2011

Graham the Pack Rat

I have another post that I'm going to put up in a few days, but until then...

I just arrived in Atlanta. I flew in this morning and was picked up from the airport by Graham's parents, went to lunch, and am now hanging out at Graham's house, waiting for him to get back from Nashville. Which, somehow, he managed to take an accidental detour to Birmingham, Alabama. If you don't realize how ridiculous that is, glance at a map. So, he's going to be a few hours late. No worries. In the mean time, I have been chatting with his mother about life, faith, Jesus, Europe, God's plan in our adventures abroad... And how much stuff Graham is attempting to bring to Europe.

When I got off the plane, they were incredulous that I only had one backpack and one duffel bag. Over lunch, I learned that Graham is checking two 50 lb bags and carrying on a backpack. Upon further investigation, I found out that he wants to bring two pairs of climbing shoes (one of which he totally stole from the Beaman,) three heavy winter coats, two pairs of the EXACT same shoe, and the ugliest furry hat I have ever seen. And this is only what I can tell without actually pulling all his stuff out of the bags.

Totally unnecessary.

I will be re-packing for Graham tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome... Gotta bring the furry hat though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is so Graham. I am going to seriously miss you two this semester. And if you stay any longer than a semester (Graham slipped this lovely possibility to me the other night) I will personally come to Spain and bring you home with me.
    Love you, girl. Safe travels. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete