Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Four Weeks and Counting

This last week and a half has been insane. In so many ways. I am tired, my soul is tired... And I don't have the capacity to write about what God is currently teaching me. So, here's a rough update of my life.

1. School is over in a month. What?? Homework, projects, tests and Chemistry labs galore... These next four weeks will be busy, busy, busy.

2. I got a job for the summer! I'm working at a day camp out in Williamson county (it's about 45 minutes from my house) as the Ropes Director. They told me two things I'll never hear working at the Beams: the program is entirely yours, do whatever you want with it, and budget is not an issue. Um... Okay! I can work with that. And even better? I get to come back to my house every evening, and I have my weekends to myself. Check.

3. I'm heading home on Friday to celebrate my best friend's bachelorette party! This has been many months in the making, so I am so excited to see it finally happen! And I am taking a few days to hang out in Kirksville with Gretchen afterwards.

4. After that, I'm heading back to Stl to work at Honeybaked for a few days for Easter. And I was informed today that I am getting a raise. Yes!

5. I was supposed to be running a 50k with my dad. But, see, there is this ankle of mine that I broke a few years ago and was too hot-headed to let heal properly. It is now proving to be quite the problem. I've done everything I can to keep it from getting worse, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do the race. I'm pretty bummed, but it isn't worth injuring something else over. So, to the doctor I go. I'm praying I don't need surgery.

6. Sam and I are planning on driving to Seattle at the end of the summer. 5,000 miles. Why? Because we can, of course.

7. God is good. I am stubborn. And I thank him every day that he fights for me, which often means fighting me. I thank God that he wins every single time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment