Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Few Pictures

I'll put up some pictures of me and mom in Edinburgh and Barcelona tomorrow. In the mean time, you get a quick update of my future adventures via photos. Mainly because I am excited, because I just bought all my plane tickets and have booked some of my hostels and everything. When I look at the weekends I will be spending traveling, I can hardly believe how little time I have left here. Don't get me wrong, there are still days when my heart literally aches for Christmas and snow and home. But now that that seems closer, I realize how quickly my time here will pass.

God is calling me to see his creation. For some very intentional reason, I am also going to all these places alone. I cannot wait to see what happens. Here are the pieces I get to see over the next eight weeks:

This week: Nothing too exciting. Exploring more of Madrid and attempting to study for mid-terms.

Next week: Mid-terms.

Then....

1. London, England. I'm heading here in about two weeks. I will be spending three days seeing London, drinking tea and enjoying the cold that doesn't seem to exist here in Spain. I am also taking a Jack-the-Ripper tour one evening. I may also take a Harry Potter tour. And you can bet I'm going to see Platform 9 3/4.

2. Amsterdam, Netherlands. I'm heading even farther north about three days after I get back from London. I was going to go for Thanksgiving, but my dates would have overlapped with a bit of the Cannabis Cup, and I do NOT want to be around for that. So, I'm heading to Amsterdam mid-November. I am hoping they will have it all decorated for Christmas like that ^^. Their Christmas is December 5th, so I'm thinking they'll probably be in full swing by mid-November.

Then Thanksgiving here in Madrid. My church will be hosting a big Thanksgiving dinner at someone's house, and I cannot wait. I love these people, and I love Thanksgiving. Win-win.

Then....

3. Rome, Italy. To Rome I go. First weekend of December, I'll be in one of the oldest cities in the world. So so so amazing. I've got three days to wander around and be that crazy foreign girl who has to ask people to take photos of her at touristy places. I am okay with this. I will be eating my fair share of tiramisu, also.

4. Dublin, Ireland. Last, but certainly not least. I'll have to spend at least a day sitting in a café somewhere studying, as I won't fly back to Madrid until the day before finals, but I think I can handle that.

And then, five days after I get back from Ireland, I fly home. Crazy. So far from now, and yet so very close. I wish I could explain how much I have learned already... Or how excited I am about the places I am so blessed to get to see before I go.

Can you tell that school is simply what I do between weekends? :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you're doing this and so happy YOU are at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete